Social security and benefits

When you are working in Finland or move to Finland on a permanent basis, you may be entitled to social security coverage under the Finnish social security system. Finnish Social Insurance Institution of Finland (Kela) makes a determination about whether you are entitled to coverage. You may also receive benefits from Kela.

The representatives of Kela provide information on social security and benefits at International House Helsinki. Workers can also file and drop off applications. 

If you are a foreign worker, please bring along the following documents when you visit:

  • a passport or valid photo ID
  • an employment contract

Open: Monday–Friday 9:00–16:00