EU registration

If you are a citizen of an EU Member State, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Iceland or Norway, you do not need a residence permit for your residence in Finland. You can stay and work freely in Finland for up to three months. You must have a valid identity card or passport.

If you stay in Finland for longer than 90 days, you need to register your right of residence at the Finnish Immigration Service.

If you are an EU citizen and need to register your right of residence, you can do it at International House Helsinki.

Follow these instructions:

1) Book an appointment. When selecting office, choose International House Helsinki (IHH). Unfortunately it is not possible to handle your matters at IHH without an appointment.

2) Fill in the application either in the e-service Enter Finland or on paper.

3) Bring all the necessary attachments with you. Check which attachments you need. Remember to bring your identity card. If you do not pay the application fee in Enter Finland, you will also need a debit or credit card. At IHH, it is not possible to pay in cash.

4) Make sure to come early. You will be called by name. You do not need a waiting number, and you do not need to report at the counter when you arrive.

At IHH, we can only do EU registrations. In other matters, please visit our website or one of our service points.

Open: Monday–Friday 9:00–16:00